Rising Star Award
A 120-minute ‘Rising Star’ session featuring young scientists from this Asian region would also be included in AsCA 2019 main conference programme. The Rising Star talks will be selected on the basis of a short application: a 1-page CV, a Supervisor / Mentor support letter, and a submitted abstract.
- Macromolecular Crystallography
- Small Molecule Crystallography
- Materials and Applications
- Application should be made as a single (multipage) PDF document and emailed to AsCA 2019 by 10 August 2019.
- Applicants must be a graduate student / post-graduate student / post-doctoral fellow or early career scientists below 35 years at the Assistant Professor level.
The award is made at the sole discretion of the AsCA 2019 organisers or a delegated Sub-Committee of the Local Organising Committee (in all matters) and no correspondence outside of the official application will be entertained.
There will be a total of 6 awards (two from each topic). The award winners will receive a certificate and a cash prize of SGD 1,000.00 in the form of a reimbursement to cover their accommodation, travel and subsistence expenses.
Accepted applicants will attend the AsCA 2019 conference and be given an Invited Talk for 15-minute in the Rising Star Session on 20 December 2019.
No registration waiver will be provided.
Successful applicants will be selected by the Sub-committee of the AsCA 2019 LOC and notified by 16 September 2019.