IUCr Travel Award
The Asia–Pacific region has had a long tradition of crystallography, and today, AsCA continues to promote communication and cooperation between researchers in this field. Among the four Regional Associates of the International Union of Crystallography (IUCr), we are one of the youngest and the fastest growing. AsCA is proud of great progress in the crystallographic activities of the region in the past two decades. The meetings of the Association continue to have grown in size and stature over time, with the quality of science at the recent meetings attracting participation from Europe and the United States. AsCA has now been in existence for over 25 years and looks forward to further growth in keeping with economic developments in the region.
For more information, please visit https://www.iucr.org/.
The IUCr Travel Award will be selected on the basis of a short application: a 1-page CV, a Supervisor / Mentor support letter, and a submitted abstract.
- Macromolecular Crystallography
- Small Molecule Crystallography
- Materials and Applications
- Application should be made as a single (multipage) PDF document and emailed to AsCA 2019 by 10 August 2019.
- Applicants must be a graduate student / post-graduate student / post-doctoral fellow with a maximum 32 years from Asian Countries.
- Successful applicants to the IUCr Travel Award cannot hold funding from the Rising Star Award.
The award is made at the sole discretion of the AsCA 2019 organisers or a delegated Sub-Committee of the Local Organising Committee (in all matters) and no correspondence outside of the official application will be entertained.
Accepted applicants will attend the AsCA 2019 conference to present a poster or oral presentation. Award winners will receive a certificate and a cash prize of SGD 1,000.00 in the form of a reimbursement to cover their accommodation, travel and subsistence expenses.
A 50% registration waiver may be provided for the successful applicant.
Successful applicants will be selected by the Sub-committee of the AsCA 2019 LOC and notified by 16 September 2019.